From Route 66 and beyond, there’s nothing better than the classic All-American Road trip to discover this great continent.
Wander through the expansive national parks all over the continent, getting lost in the stunning and varied views.
From its highest point to the very bottom of the continent, North America sure knows how to party!
America is enormous – the United States alone is comparable in size to continental Europe, so be prepared for long distances.
There is so much variety – don’t let there being few countries fool you – the southern state of Texas and the cosmopolitan New York City could almost be different countries!
It’s an adventure lover’s paradise – whatever you do, don’t spend your time in North America indoors. With endless National Parks and so much natural beauty, take every opportunity to head outside!
1. New York: Undoubtedly one of the world’s greatest cities, the sprawling expanse of New York City needs to be seen to be believed.
2. Whistler, Canada: In a land of many ski resorts, Whistler is a stand out with its natural and man-made beauty.
3. Disneyworld, Florida: It’s a cliché, but it is really is one of the happiest places on Earth, for the young, and young at heart!
4. The Grand Canyon, Arizona: Millions of years of history have shaped this incredible, expansive canyon in Arizona.
5. Chichen Itza, Mexico: This 1400 year old Mayan temple is considered one of the world’s most impressive archaeological sites
About North America
While North America is made up of just a handful of countries, it still manages to present an incredibly diverse and exciting range of activities for the intrepid traveller. From the glistening metropolises of New York and Los Angeles to the expansive wilderness in places such as Banff National Park, there is no shortage of variety here.
As one of the world’s largest and most populated countries, many travellers immediately think of the United States of America when thinking of North America. Certainly the Good Old US of A presents many exciting prospects of travellers.
Even beyond the well-known American cities, places such as New Orleans and Louisiana offer a totally different perspective into modern American life.
Outside the States’ boundaries lie Canada and Mexico to either side, two exciting countries that couldn’t be more different. Frosty Canada boasts a laidback and friendly population, who love nothing more than a warm chat with a stranger or a trip to the gorgeous ski resorts that are dotted all over the country.
To the South of the USA, Mexico offers something completely different. Retaining some of the ‘Wild West’ appeal, Mexicans embrace the siesta and fiesta lifestyle better than almost anyone else. Add in amazing historical ruins such as Chichen Itza, and Mexico is also a brilliant North American destination.