Learn and experience history in many of the most important places to the modern world.
Pizza? Baguette? Indulge in the spectacular cuisine on offer all over this diverse continent.
Be enchanted by the stunning architecture and natural beauty of Europe.
A little language goes a long way – Although English is widely spoken in many countries, you are likely to get a warm and appreciative smile if you try to learn a few phrases of the local language.
Watch your pockets – Overall, Europe is very safe, but be sure to keep a keen eye on your pockets in crowded places!
Eat away from the tourist hotspots – Take every opportunity to eat away from the typical tourist traps and sample real, genuine European food. You won’t regret it!
1. La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona – this offbeat and quirky sight has been under constant construction since it was dreamed up by Spanish artist Antoni Gaudi in 1882.
2. Prague Castle, Prague – The entire city is staggeringly beautiful, but the view of Prague Castle is particularly spine-tingling.
3. Burgundy, France – On a continent filled with brilliant wine regions, Burgundy is a standout to go and taste famous French wine.
4. Swiss Alps, Switzerland – The view over the Swiss Alps is absolutely mesmerising all year round.
5. Greek Islands, Greece – Popular amongst families and young travellers alike, the charming Greek islands are a hedonistic paradise for many.
Beautiful Europe has been enchanting visitors for hundreds of years, and it is no wonder that it sits so highly on most traveller’s ‘to see’ list. Considered by many to be the centre of arts and culture in the modern world, the history, cuisine and culture of Europe is truly spectacular.
Encompassing 44 different countries, Europe is a destination that can be returned to over and over without ever treading the same path twice. From dynamic and youthful cities such as Berlin or Talinn, to those steeped in history such as Paris or Prague, there is just so much to see and experience here.
Linking all of these countries together, however, is a penchant for the finer things in life. Amazing food is to be had all over the continent, with each country having its own traditional meals and drinks that give an insight into the European way of life. Some of the most beautiful and thought-provoking art in the world can also be found in the many European galleries and museums.
You’d be forgiven for thinking you’ve wandered into the pages of a fairytale in many cities and villages all over the continent. Prepare to be dazzled by the beauty of historic sights such as Prague Castle or in lesser known destination such as Sibiu, Romania.